Landing pads

Started by vladtepes, Mar 12, 2019, 01:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

vladtepes

Who uses landing pads.. and why?

There are numerous landing pads available, so I assume they are popular, however I have never seen anyone actually using one in the field.

The most common seems to be the collapsible orange with a 'H' symbol type - but for $75 it'd want to be good.

(EDIT: Found some cheaper on ebay)

I've been wondering what the point is and main use I can see is for areas which aren't flat (eg unmown grass) where a drone like my Mavic Pro has much less ground clearance than, say, a Phantom.

I've also seen some super gimmicky ones like with led lights which is a bit of a .... as you normally can't fly at night anyway.  ::)

vladtepes

Funny story.

I had a landing pad in my save for later shopping cart while I decided whether I needed one. In the end I decided not to.

Then my missus is buying some other stuff and inadvertently adds it to her order.

So now I have one ! 

Mental note: I should have added a motorcycle to my shopping cart...  ;D

crystal-pete

Quote from: vladtepes on Mar 12, 2019, 01:18 pmWho uses landing pads.. and why?

The most common seems to be the collapsible orange with a 'H' symbol type - but for $75 it'd want to be good.

I've got a large size (110 cm) PGYTECH collapsible landing pad - it's on sale at the D1Store Indooroopilly - $19. It's a great product and folds up nicely to fit into my backpack

https://www.d1store.com.au/search.php?s=landing%20pad

vladtepes

I paid $18 for a 75cm one on ebay. :(

Proteous

I use one too. I take off from lots of places with uneven ground.. Not only that but it aids the drone when using precision landing.. A bright orange/blue dot is easier to aim at than a field of green.